Migrating multiple Angular CLI workspaces into an Nx Monorepo
Migrating multiple Angular CLI workspaces into a single Nx monorepo involves some more manual steps and decisions to take.
- can we first align all apps to the same Angular version (e.g. using Angular CLI migrations)
- convert each of the apps into an easy to copy "Nx shape" (with
project.jsonetc) using some of the before mentioned migration scripts
- copy everything into a new Nx workspace
Very often however we might also need to do it incrementally, such as
- migrating all apps into a monorepo
- keep them at different Angular & external dependency versions until everything is migrated
- migrate them one by one incrementally and over time
The following video tutorial walks you through such a scenario.