@nrwl/nx-cloud - Release notes
- Fix: Resolve issue where sometimes cache hits would be reported as misses when paired with Nx 13.0-13.5
- Fix: Correctly infer NX_BRANCH while running in Gitlab CI
- Feat: Add
NX_CLOUD_SILENT_RECORDenvironment variable for use with
- Feat: Add
NX_CLOUD_AGENT_TIMEOUT_MSenvironment variable to configure task timeouts
- Fix: Provider nicer failure message when version of Nx is incompatible with
- Fix: Use Nx task graph if provided
- Fix: Handle overrides_unparsed property for nx:run-commands executor
- Fix: Gracefully handle errors with corrupted tarballs
- Fix: Resolve issue where tasks run with read-only DTE would cause 404s on artifact retrieval
- Feat: Allow specifying Nx Cloud installation source through generator
- Fix: Workspace name for new Nx Cloud workspaces is pulled from
@nrwl/nx-cloudcan be run from directories other than workspace root
- Fix: Correctly infer
- Fix: Ignore errors related to excess whitespace in tarballs
- Fix: Enable caching for all inner commands
- Fix: Remove dependency on
@nrwl/devkitfor init generator
- Fix: Correctly infer
- Feat: Nx 14 Compatibility
- Fix: Exit with status code of child process when recording commands with
- Feat: Store output for non-Nx commands in Nx Cloud. Check out https://nx.dev/nx-cloud/set-up/record-commands for more information.
- Fix: Newer version of chalk was required, so the package didn't work with older versions of Nx.
- Feat: Prepare the package to work with Nx 13.10.0
Cleanup: Handle issues with the network and the api in a consistent fashion.
- Fix: Print detailed errors when an agent is not able to upload file artifacts.
- Feat: Support Nx 13.3 new life cycle API
- Feat: GitHub Actions handle DTE reruns without requiring
npx nx-cloud start-ci-run
- Fix: DTE main job properly copies files after DTE is finished
- Fix: Increased Node version compatibility for DTE Agents
- Fix: Correctly print unexpected exceptions
- Fix: Gracefully handle the case when tasks-hashes are missing
- Fix: Agents should wait for the main job to start a rerun of a run group
- Fix: Retry requests if we receive a 503
- Fix: DTE could get stuck when trying to execute tasks with different configurations
- Misc: Fixes to the Gitlab integration
- Misc: This release contains small bug fixes and UI improvements.
- Feat: IAM Role Auth. We have now deprecated "aws_access_key_id" and "aws_access_key_secret" in favor of service accounts and IAM roles for accessing AWS resources. See the new guide here for details.
- Misc: This release mostly contains improvements that apply to the Public SASS version of NxCloud. No significant changes for the On-Prem version.
- Feat: Private Cloud now runs completely as Kubernetes cluster. See the Helm example repo for more details
- Fix: issue with retrieving hashes during reads
- Feat: added route to display container version at
- Misc: forward api errors to stderr so k8s clusters can process them better
- Note: The version naming scheme for the containers was changed to better track date/time of releases and to support embedding of the version inside the web UI
- Feat: view the container version under the
- Feat: BitBucket login (note: does not support self-hosted instances of BitBucket Server)
- Feat: New system-ui font scheme
- Fix: branch screen sorting performance improvements
- Fixes an intermittent container start-up issue when running a self-contained Mongo instance
- Fixes an issue with the self-hosted file-server where it would fail to create the initial directories
- Fix an issue with the admin password not being set correctly
- Align all NxCloud images to this version. No new fixes or features included.
The default container mode has changed from
ENTERPRISE. If you are running a Community version of the container, you will need to make sure the
NX_CLOUD_MODE=private-community is explicitly set (otherwise your container will fail to start-up).
- Fix: Web app performance improvements
- Fix: issue with GitHub logged in admins not being able to download logs
- Fix: issue with billing page when multiple access tokens were attached to the same org
- Fix: multiple Mongo DBs used to be created if a default DB was not provided in the connection string. Now it always defaults to the provided
- Misc: performance improvements to DB indexes
- Misc: improvements to hash differ to use regex
- Misc: export more collections for debug purposes (workspaces and organizations)
- Fix: issue with navigating to organizations/workspaces in the web app
- Feat: filters to branch and run list pages
- Fix: improved
MD5cache artifact archiving
- Misc: various UI and UX improvements to the NxCloud dashboards
- Fix: Missing artefact retrieval error when using read-tokens
- Fix: Performance improvements to the branch page and run groups sorting
- Fix: better handling of artefact
- Feat: Billing page messaging improvements
- Fix: runs sorting on branch page
- Feat: DTE post-run report
- Feat: Hash Detail tool flow improvements
- Feat: Admins can now easily export debug info for error investigation
- Fix: branch screen run group sorting
- Feat: GitLab Auth Support/private-cloud-gitlab-auth
- Feat: Hash diffing tool improvements
- Feat: show message on branch page if workspace is unclaimed
- Fix: Agent out of memory warning
- Feat: cache inner runs
- Fix: include correct GitHub workflows path
- Fix: default to most recent run group on branch page
- Fix: handle DTEs with no tasks
- Fix: await process checkout sessions
- Feat: Increase file-server default cached artifact limit. If you are not using an external file storage (such as S3), then the cached assets will now be kept by default from 2 weeks to 4 weeks, increasing the chance of cache hits.
- Feat: "Download cache usage" data from the "Time saved" workspace page
- Feat: GitHub Integration - no token is now necessary in "
nx.json" for the GitHub integration to work (you still need to provide as an env var for caching to work). To connect your workspace to GitHub without an access token in "
nx.json" just pass in the "
NX_CLOUD_INTEGRATION_DEFAULT_WORKSPACE_ID=<your-workspace-id>" env var
- Misc: better error handling (report less false positives)
- Fix: Scheduled tasks locking
- Misc: DB performance improvements (old records clean-up aggregator, indexes etc.)
- Feat: Add options to control database load
- Fix: Better exception handling in the API
- Feat: Optimize event processing to increase the throughput of workspaces with a very high number of agents.
- Fix: Gracefully recover when stats aggregation fails
- Feat: Hash diffing tool enhancements
- Feat: DTE visualisation improvements for larger workspaces
- Fix: billing page not displaying subscriptions for Private Community
- Feat: Better error handling for scheduled tasks
- Fix: branch screen not loading
- Feat: Various UI improvements to the NxCloud screens
- Feat: Hash detail diff tool
- Feat: GitHub app comment revamp
- Feat: DTE visualisation
- Fix: DTE bug fixes caused by incorrectly batched tasks
- Fix: various DTE bug fixes
- Feat: Add
NX_CLOUD_DISTRIBUTED_EXECUTION_AGENT_COUNTenv var for more explicitly optimising DTEs
- Feat: Send GitHub workspace membership invites by email
- Fix: improve container start-up time
- Feat: If Mongo connection fails during container start-up it keeps retrying up to a max number of times (configurable via
- Feat: expose "/ping" endpoint (can be useful for K8s readinessProbe)
curl --fail http://localhost:8081/nx-cloud/ping --header "authorization: your-nx-cloud-access-token"
- Feat: billing estimator (on billing page)
- Fix: ignore ending slash on
NX_CLOUD_APP_URL(in case it's added by mistake)
VERBOSE=1env variable option to output extra information during container initialisation
MONGO_REPAIR=1env variable option to trigger a Mongo Repair if the container data gets corrupted
- Fix: Reset the memory limits to best work on an instance with 8GB of RAM.
- Fix: Set the default