Intro to Nx
Nx is a smart, fast and extensible build system with first class monorepo support and powerful integrations.
Nx has a similar design philosophy to Visual Studio Code. Code is a powerful text editor, and you can be very productive with it even if you don't install any extensions. The ecosystem of VSCode's extensions though is what can really level up your productivity.
Nx is similar. The core of Nx is generic, simple, and unobtrusive. Nx plugins, although very useful for many projects, are completely optional.
Most examples on this site use Nx plugins. It's just easier to demonstrate many features Nx offers when Nx generates all the boilerplate. However, the vast majority of the features will work the same way in a workspace with no plugins.
These guides will help you get started:
- Installing Nx CLI & creating a new Nx Workspace
- Adding Nx to an existing monorepo
- Using Nx without plugins
- Nx and TypeScript
- Nx and React
- Nx and Angular
- CI Overview
Best-in-Class Support for Monorepos
- Smart rebuilds of affected projects
- Computation caching
- Distributed task execution
- Code sharing and ownership management
Integrated Development Experience
Supports Your Ecosystem
- Rich plugin ecosystem from Nrwl and the community
- Consistent dev experience for any framework
- Automatic upgrade to the latest versions of all frameworks and tools