Computes and returns a ProjectGraph.
Nx will compute the graph either in a daemon process or in the current process.
Nx will compute it in the current process if:
- The process is running in CI (CI env variable is to true or other common variables used by CI providers are set).
- It is running in the docker container.
- The daemon process is disabled because of the previous error when starting the daemon.
NX_DAEMONis set to
useDaemonProcessis set to false in the options of the tasks runner inside
NX_DAEMON env variable takes precedence:
- If it is set to true, the daemon will always be used.
- If it is set to false, the graph will always be computed in the current process.
Tip: If you want to debug project graph creation, run your command with NX_DAEMON=false.
Nx uses two layers of caching: the information about explicit dependencies stored on the disk and the information stored in the daemon process. To reset both run: